Summer is sadly coming to a close, and regardless of how much SPF you’ve doused yourself in, chances are, you’re still seeing the results of UV rays (hopefully not much because you’ve limited your sun time and always worn a hat and sunnies along with your SPF).
With fall right around the bend, it only seemed fitting to write a piece on brightening products that’ll remove the sun damage, even out the skin tone, and give you that coveted glow up. Below are my favorite products for post-sun, uber brightening effects.
1. Kora Organics Turmeric 2-in-1 Brightening & Exfoliating Mask ($48) – This is a new product in my line up and I’ve got to say, I’m loving the results. Besides the fact that it’s completely toxin-free, it actually works to lighten dark spots and brighten the overall complexion. While it’s a mask and scrub combined (love a multitasking product), it’s also ideal for removing dead cells, resulting in smooth, glowing skin within minutes.
2. MZ Skin Brighten & Perfect 10% Vitamin C Corrective Serum ($399) – It’s pricey, but the results are real (hence why fans include A-listers like Serena Williams). With 10% stabilized vitamin C, this serum lightens, tightens, and brightens, aiding in hyper pigmentation, sun damage, and age spots. It’s also a seriously good serum for anti-aging, thanks to the antioxidant-rich formula.
3. IS Clinical White Lightening Serum ($128) – Another favorite brightener, this serum is more like a hardcore treatment that effectively minimizes the appearance of dark spots. It is my go-to discoloration product that doesn’t contain hydroquinone. I spot treat areas of my face with it at night, never during the day.
4. Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum ($58) – They call it a honeymoon glow, because you wake up with that gorgeous glow that only true love leaves behind — that and some powerful ingredients. AHA and BHA exfoliate and even the skin tone, while hyaluronic acid and honey moisturize so that you’re not stripping the healthy oils from your face. The result is skin that looks — and feels — divine.
5. Dr. Barbara Sturm Brightening Serum ($310) – I’m a huge Dr. Barbara Sturm fan, and this Brightening Serum is one more win for the skincare brand. I actually like to use it around my eyes as it really helps to trouble shoot stubborn dark circles (hello lack of sleep), but it’s also the ideal serum for anti-aging and brightening results.
6. Cle de Peau Intensive Brightening Mask ($30) – This sheet mask is legit! It brightens and smoothes in minutes, and the additional serum can be rubbed into face, neck, and décolletage for added glow. I use this mask before a special event — like a first date or a party — because my skin literally shines post-mask.